If you have charcoal and gas grill, you have to know about charcoal and gas grill cleaning. Having charcoal or gas grill really makes you easy to do barbeque event or grill foods that you want, but you have to remember that your charcoal and gas grill need good maintenance and should be cleaned periodically to make it durable and useful. For you who want to know the right steps for cleaning charcoal or gas grill, here the details information for you.
- Cleaning Charcoal Grill
There are so many people who have charcoal grill in their home, but they don’t know the right time for cleaning it. Charcoal grill should be cleaned once in grilling season, or even it should be cleaned twice when you often use that grill.
Charcoal grill is not only found in home, but there are also public charcoal grill in park or campsite. You have to clean it before using it for grilling, because you don’t know who used it and how long it didn’t use. So, here the tips for you for cleaning your charcoal grill.
Before cleaning a charcoal grill, you have to prepare some tools that will you need for cleaning it. The tools you have to prepare are grill brush or cleaning brush, plastic bag, aluminum foil, bristle brush, and fork.
After preparing the tools, you can follow the steps below:
1. You can gather all tools in one place to make you easy when cleaning charcoal grill.
2. Remove the grill grate, and clean it by using grill brush or other cleaning brush. Clean it until you are sure that the grill grate is clean and comfortable to be used for grilling in the next time. After cleaning it, you can clean the charcoal grate. It is also cleaned by using grill brush or other cleaning brush.
3. Clean the bottom of the grill. You can brush it to make it clean and free from carbon or other materials. But if you want to clean public charcoal grill, you can put your hand on the plastic bag, then clean it by using your hand. It will make you easy to clean the bottom of the grill. If there is so much carbon in the lid, you can use bristle brush to remove it.
4. Clean the ash catcher. Brush or wipe it until the ash doesn’t remain in the ash catcher.
5. Put all the component of grill together. Then, you can use the charcoal grill comfortably.
- Cleaning Gas Grill
Now you have known the simple tips for cleaning charcoal grill. After it, let’s we learn how to clean gas charcoal. Here the steps you can follow for cleaning your gas grill:
Before start cleaning your gas grill, you have to prepare some tools to make you easy when cleaning it. The tools you have to prepare are grill brush, gloves, bristle brush, paper towels, soap and water.
After collecting all tools you need, here the steps you have to follow:
1. Before cleaning the gas grill, you have to make sure that the gas supply has been turned off.
2. Remove the grill grate. Then, you can clean it by using grill brush or other cleaning brush.
3. Clean anything that covers the burners. You can remove ceramic briquettes, lave stones or v-shaped metal bars that cover the burners, then clean it all by using grill brush.
4. Clean the burner tubes. You have to make sure that all the gas ports are open and clean.
5. Clean the bottom part of grill. Make sure that all debris has been removed from the bottom of the grill. If you find peeling black paint in the lid, you can use bristle brush to clean the carbon flakes.
6. Use soap for cleaning grease collection tray.
7. Use soap and water for cleaning the outside of gas grill
8. Put the grill elements back together, and your gas grill is ready to be used comfortably.
Those are some tips for you to clean your charcoal or gas grill. The tips above are very easy and simple to try, so you can follow the tips above to clean your charcoal or gas grill. Remember that your grill should be clean before used for grilling. Finally, hopefully the information about gas and charcoal grill cleaning above will be useful for you.